Tuesday, October 2, 2007

PUR4100

This year, I am a senior at UF <3
My final assignment for a public relations writing course consists of a campaign analysis for the company of my choice. Of course, I chose MGM (Metro-Goldwyn-Meyer) with a focus on The Golden Age of Hollywood! I've always been fascinated with the fashion and lifestyles of the 1930s and 40s.

Today I am sharing my campaign analysis idea with you. I chose to focus on building a new addition to the current MGM theme park.

MGM recently changed their name to "Disney Hollywood Studios" but failed to recognize its own beginnings in Hollywood cinema. MGM was actually the second major film studio to exist during the silent film era. Without an emphasis on MGM as a brand name, today's park will eventually lose this rich history just as MGM lost its place in the name of the park.

I feel that a new addition to the park that honors this pioneering stage will be educational and highly interesting as well.

Thanks to this new blog I've started, you'll be able to follow me through the formations of a professional media kit. I'll try to keep it interesting with fancy pictures and quotes.
Au Revoir!

Here is a link to my professor's blog, where you can read the ideas of everyone else in my class.
Professor Laskin's blog

~Julie

No comments: